A GCSE Drama Visiting Examiner is responsible for marking candidates' performance by visiting centres and ensuring the overall standards are maintained.
Centre visits involve marking forms of examination work, or conducting and marking oral examinations, or being present at practical examinations where the activity of candidates has to be observed as part of the marking procedure. Visits are carried out on dates agreed between the Visiting Examiner and the centre.
We are recruiting Visiting examiners for the following counties:
Buckinghamshire, Greater Manchester, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, London, Somerset, Surrey, West Midlands and West Yorkshire.
- To visit centres and mark the performance of candidates in accordance with published marking criteria and procedures, ensuring the overall standards are maintained.
- To report any difficulties encountered during the assessment to Pearson.
- To undertake an agreed allocation of local centres.
- To submit written reports to the Chief Examiner and/or Team Leaders.
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- You will be a qualified teacher.
- You will have one academic years' (full time or part time) worth of teaching experience:
- a. within the last 8 years
- b. within the relevant qualification and subject
- c. since qualifying as a teacher
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You will be IT literate.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.