We are currently recruiting across our BTEC QCF sectors for BTEC Standards Verifiers. We are also looking for Standards Verifier - BTEC NQF
Please find some of our key Principal Sector Areas and the sectors that sit within it. If your sector is not listed, please enquire if there are vacancies within your chosen sector:
Personal & Work Skills: Work & Employment Skills, Skilled for Life and Personal & Social Development.
Hospitality & Facilities: Cleaning & Facilities.
Childcare: Teaching & Learning.
Travel & Transportation: Aviation and Transport & Logistics.
Caring Services and Hair & Beauty Therapy: Hairdressing & Beauty and Emergency Care.
Applied Science: Forensic Science and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Land & Environment: Countryside, Horticulture and Agriculture.
Construction & Building Services: Building & Engineering.
Engineering: Mech & Man, Aeronautical Engineering and Vehicle Repair.
Public & Security Services: Close protection, Disengagement and Physical Intervention, Door Supervision.
We are also actively recruiting BTEC Standard Verifiers across sectors who are able to verify in the medium of Welsh.
We are looking to recruit and train BTEC practitioners for the below role;
- BTEC Standards Verifier (SV).
To undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions for units from a range of programmes within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to confirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld across centres. We have Standards Verifiers for our Vocational Qualifications, namely: BTEC QCF, BTEC NQF, BTEC Higher Nationals and NVQ/Apprenticeship.
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to establish that assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards.
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres.
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on: the sampling undertaken, outcomes reached and support provided.
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met.
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld.
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions.
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity as per service-level agreements.
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned to you by Pearson.
- Experience of delivering and assessing Vocational qualifications (Eg, BTEC QCF, BTEC NQF, Higher Nationals, Work Based Learning etc).
- A commitment to quality assurance.
- Good working knowledge of the specifications for the subject area you will specialise in.
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant subject and level.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role.
- A customer-focused approach.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop and monitor clear action plans.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Most SVs normally carry out sampling from home, but the Child Care/Play sector involves visits to centres.
- This role tends to fit in around SV's current work commitments.
- After you have submitted your application we will email you to ask for documentation in support of your application - CV, qualifications, professional certificates.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend:
- a) QCF - general QCF induction training (1 full day, face-to-face) and sector specific standardisation training (online training or a face to face event for a full day, depending on sector you apply for). Induction dates are to be confirmed once your application has been processed.
- b) NQF & QCF - general NQF & QCF induction training (1 online training session) and sector specific training (1 full day, face to face training event). Induction dates are to be confirmed once your application has been processed
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.