Examiner - GCE A Level - Music (2016 Specification)
A Music GCS Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
Please note, if you have marked GCE Music for Pearson in the last two years, and you are interested in marking the new specification, then please complete the short form below:
· To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
· To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
· To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
· To ensure all administration is completed as specified
· You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience:
· a. within the last 8 years
· b. within the relevant qualification subject
· c. since qualifying as a teacher
· You will have a degree or equivalent
· You will be a qualified teacher
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines
· You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
· The marking period is between May - July.
· The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application