This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:18 October 2020 at midnight
We are currently recruiting 1 EE for HN Public Services
Purpose of the role:
- Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions for units from a range of programmes within the Public Services qualification in order to affirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld
- Support centres during the sampling process
- Support centres in the delivery of BTEC programmes to national standards.
- Covering HN programmes in Public Services undertake sampling of student work within defined parameters and rules to establish whether assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached and support provided
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Source materials for training and standardisation
- Report back to Pearson and centres following EE activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role.
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing BTEC Level 4 to level 7 qualifications
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications
*Please note, if your application is successful, you will be invited to a training session on either 9th October or 16th October 2020*
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.