This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:16 December 2018 at midnight
Principal Examiners produce appropriate assessment materials, including question papers and mark schemes, and are responsible for the standardisation of its marking.
We are seeking two Principal Examiners across our iGCSE Maths A and B qualifications.
- To produce a working draft paper / respond to any amendments or suggestions and produce a draft paper.
- To set / approve questions and mark schemes - demonstrate the specification’s content and assessment criteria has been met in the question papers (may take the form of a grid). Its content should be clear and fit for purpose.
- To attend the Question paper Evaluation Committee meeting (QPEC) and produce a final draft.
- To ensure final question papers meet the specification content and assessment objectives.
- To ensure parity of standards across optional questions and question papers
- monitor the marking standards of all examiners (including Assistant Principal Examiners, Team Leaders and Examiners), ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout.
- To monitor the standards of examiners, advise on their appointment, training and reappointment.
- To attend the awarding meeting, advise on mark ranges for the grade boundaries.
- To submit an evaluation report on performance of the question paper.
- You will have experience of teaching the relevant subject and level
- Qualified Teacher is desirable
- You will have assessment experience in the relevant qualification
- You will have experience of managing people
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Decision Making
- Delivery Focused
- Maximising Potential in Self and Others
- Change management/flexibility
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You will be required to have excellent communication, strong organisation and IT skills
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th December 2018.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.