Pearson are recruiting graduates for summer 2019 examinations, for the following subjects:
- Computing and ICT
- English Language
- Number and Measure
- Physical Education
Your role as a Specialist Graduate Marker will demand the very best that you can give. You will be responsible for marking candidates' work in accordance with a rigidly defined mark scheme. This will be a short term temporary contract and the marking will be home based.
To be eligible for this role, you will:
- hold a degree in one of the subjects listed and have graduated within the past five years or are a final year student, expected to complete your degree Summer 2019
- have excellent communications skills in English (Note: If your first language is not English, you must have a Level 4 or above London Test of English qualification. Equivalent qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, CPE at a similar level are acceptable)
- be computer literate and have access to a personal PC with a broadband connection enabling you to work from home
- possess good time management skills
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
Important Note. If you have been contracted as a Specialist Graduate Marker in the last 2 years, there is no need to reapply again
You will be trained and supported throughout the marking process by our experienced team of senior examiners.
You can expect approximately 40-45 hours of work during the main examination series (May - July). Markers who complete their initial contract early and to a high standard will have the opportunity to increase their earnings.
To apply, please click on the online application form link below.
Important Note. This role is specifically for recent graduates without teaching experience. If you have more than a year's full time teaching experience and are a qualified teacher, please have a look at our vacancies page for more suitable roles.
Closing date for applications: 01/02/2019
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an assessment morning, running throughout March to May, at our head office in High Holborn (please note we do not pay travel expenses for the assessment morning). If successful you will be invited to a further day's training.
Please can you ensure that you bring the following documentation with you to the assessment day:
- A current valid passport
- Certificate of degree (if graduated within the past 5 years) or letter from your faculty at University to confirm that you will be graduating in June 2018.
If you have any queries about either of these roles please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org