As a Quality Adviser you will review quality assurance processes and procedures in organisations that deliver and assess their own education or training programmes. You will measure the quality assurance that surrounds the education and / or training programmes of these organisations against fixed quality measures and make a decision whether they are to the standard expected by Pearson. And where needed, you will create plans of action to the organisations in order to support them in reaching Pearson's standard.
This is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education.
· Make timely arrangements to visit organisations.
· Review quality policies and measure processes across a wide range of 3rd party education and training programmes.
· Make decisions about the standard of quality surround to establish whether the quality assurance of education and / or training programmes owned by other organisations are to the Pearson Assured standard.
· Provide clear and objective advice and guidance to organisations in relation to the Pearson Assured quality objectives.
· Develop achievable, time constrained action plans to support quality improvement, where necessary.
· Within defined service level agreements, produce professional and accurate reports for the organisations and for Pearson.
· Make accurate and auditable decisions about quality standards.
· Award Pearson Assured status only when quality measures have been evidenced and met.
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of Pearson Centre Management in relation to this role.
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of Centre Management in relation to this role.
· Significant experience in quality assurance.
· A managerial role in the quality assurance of education and / or training programmes
· Experience of teaching English as a foreign language.
- Knowledge of the Common European Framework for Languages
- CELTA/DELTA qualification
· A willingness to engage in online training and to use technology-based approaches to communication and organisation support.
· Experience of consultancy work.
· ISO experience.
Skills and knowledge needed
· A degree or equivalent qualification.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in fluent English.
· Ability to complete reports using accepted conventions of appropriate language, grammar and accurate spelling.
· Knowledge and understanding of quality control, processes and procedures.
· Able to apply knowledge in different situations.
· Able to work across a range of education and training programmes in different subjects and at different levels.
· Excellent up to date IT skills with the ability to use word processing and manipulate basic spreadsheets.
· A customer-focussed approach.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to create clear, time constrained action plans.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Act professionally and courteously at all times and in accordance with any standards of conduct specified by Pearson.
· Ability to work effectively a team member.
· Able to speak a foreign language.
· A qualification at Level 7.
· Knowledge of other education and training frameworks in different countries.
· Any Assessment Associate undertaking this role must:
· Be able to travel within the Hispanic America area to undertake the role.
· Understand the implications of decisions taken on behalf of Pearson.
· Not operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description.
· Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software.
· Have a suitable, reliable internet connection.
· Have a secure password protected personal email account with the ability to transmit and receive a variety of file formats and sizes as attachments.
· Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role.
· Complete annual update training.
· Have availability for work at any time of the year.
· Have a full driving licence and passport.
· Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work.
Should your application be shortlisted you will be invited to an online interview where further of your competencies will be reviewed. A face to face training event is mandatory for successful applicants may be invited before carrying out the role.
Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) will be required for the completion of this application but can be sent after the submission of this form. Please email this document to email@example.com within 5 days of submitting your application.