Lead Examiner - T Level - Digital: Digital Production, Design and Development
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:25 July 2019 at midnight
Pearson are delighted to have been awarded the contract to develop the Technical Qualifications for T Levels in Digital: Digital Production, Design and Development and Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning from 2020.
You can find out more here
As a result we are looking to appoint a number of Lead Examiners, responsible for creating engaging content that meets the requirements of the assessment within the Core and Occupational specialty.
Purpose of the Role
For specified externally assessed components within the T Level programme in a given sector at level 3, the Lead Examiner will be the responsible and accountable subject expert for an externally assessed unit - in terms of specification interpretation, and the accuracy and correctness of assessment items.
The Lead Examiner will:
· Work with employers and providers to create assessments
· Lead and support the development, production, review and amendment of externally assessed items for the area of subject responsibility
· Lead a team of examiners
· Lead on the awarding of assessment outcomes
· Keep up to date with changes in the sector
· Have detailed and up to date knowledge and understanding of the range of external assessment methodologies to be deployed
· Report to and update the chief examiner on a regular basis
· Produce an ‘end of exam series’ report within the parameters of a defined template in order to comment on national standards (also known as a Lead Examiners Report)
· Report back to Pearson within agreed time-frames
· Contribute to Pearson’s ‘ask the expert’ service where required
· Represent vocational assessment or Pearson as required
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of vocational assessment in relation to this role.
The assessment development process
For the development of external assessments, the Lead Examiner will:
· Write new external assessments in line with Sample Assessment Materials (SAMs) for a given unit/component
· Be responsible for the quality of all items deployed for external assessment
· Assist with the statistical analysis of external assessment data
· Advise Pearson of any changes which could have an impact on items’ performance
· Ensure all items provide a valid and fair test of achievement
· Input and lead on the training for item writing (if required)
· Lead on the standardisation of item writers as required
· Attend Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s) to finalise external assessments
· Review amended external assessments as necessary
· ‘Sign off’ on the quality and appropriateness of the assessment or amend when requested to do so
· Respond to queries from Pearson concerning technical issues with items.
For the delivery of external assessments, the Lead Examiner will:
· Lead on the pre-standardisation of the senior examining team
· Lead on the training and standardisation of examiners
· Lead on the monitoring of examiners during the marking period
· Be responsible for the quality of marking
· Be responsible for the awarding of external assessment outcomes
· Provide timely feedback on examiner performance at the end of each exam series
· Substantial subject knowledge and expertise within the sector
· Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
· Experience in the production of external assessments within the sector
· Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD) in the field of Assessment of vocational qualifications
· Leading a team
· Experience of advising and supporting others in the production of external assessment within the sector.
· Experience of marking and results delivery, to include the examination
· Process, pre-standardisation and standardisation activities, and Awarding
· Experience of teaching or assessing externally assessed qualifications
· Experience of analysing statistical data in relation to performance of tested items.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.