The Chief Examiner is responsible to Pearson for maintaining standards in a subject or group of subjects across different syllabi and methods of assessment from year to year. The Chair of Examiners will be cover Level 2 and 3 LCCI Business Statistics
- To chair the Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s).
- To ensure the question paper(s) and mark schemes meet the requirements of the assessment criteria as set out in the specification.
- To chair the Awarding meeting and participate in grading activity (where applicable) for each syllabus in the designated subject or subject area, checking that the required standards are brought to bear in each component and in each subject as a whole.
- To recommend mark boundaries for each grade in each subject at the conclusion of the Awarding/grading activity process (where applicable).
- To participate in (a) conferences with teachers and (b) courses for examiners as required.
- To monitor the marking standards of the examining team.
- To collaborate closely with the Qualification Delivery and Award Manager in carrying out all designated responsibilities. All recommendations arising from these responsibilities must be made through the QDAM.
- To submit an overall evaluation report on the internal and external assessment for the qualification every year.
- To review and act on any report about the qualification, e.g. level of demand.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- You will be a qualified teacher.
- You will have UK school-based teaching experience, in the relevant subject area and qualification.
- You will have assessment experience up to Team Leader level in the relevant qualification.
- You will have experience of managing people.
- You will have the right to work in the UK and a UK bank account
- You will be a good communicator.
- You will have sound organisational skills.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
- You will be IT literate.
Please be aware that for all our senior roles, you will be required to have access to a personal PC with internet connection in order to carry out your duties (for more details please see our System Requirements).
The closing date for applications is 28th June. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.