Examiner - International Primary & Lower Secondary - English (2018 specification)
The Pearson Edexcel iPrimary English curriculum is designed specifically for non-native speakers of English who are studying the majority of their curriculum subjects in English. Taking the best approaches of a first language curriculum and combining them with EAL progression, scaffolding and support, students will be well prepared for further study at iLowerSecondary and on to International GCSEs in either English as a First or English as a Second Language.
· To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
· To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
· To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
· To ensure all administration is completed as specified
· You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience as a qualified teacher. This should be within the last 8 years. To be considered for the iPrimary paper the teaching experience must be at higher primary level. For lower secondary, applicants must have Keystage 3 or 4 teaching experience, which must be stated within the application form)
· The teaching experience should be in the subject of the vacancy.
· You will have a degree or equivalent
· You will be a qualified teacher
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines
· You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
· IPrimary and iSecondary have two exam series - Summer and october
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application