Closing date:25 July 2019 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for Subject Specialists to support the development, assessment, and delivery for the following area(s):
- Level 4 - Mammography Associate
Purpose of this role:
A Subject Specialist supports the development, assessment and/or delivery for apprenticeship, work or role based products.
Successful candidates will undertake activities, that support, trials, or comments on material during the production of specifications, tests or other assessment materials. Suitable individuals may also be invited to undertake additional activities by supporting the writing/editing/reviewing or assessing of the materials.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides up-to-date sector or subject specific expertise that feeds into the development of the required materials.
- Keep up to date with changes in the sector
- Have detailed knowledge of the requirements/standards/specifications that encompass the role or area of expertise
- Meet deadlines & report back to Pearson within agreed time-frames
- Ensure parity of standards
- Adhere to guidance provided by Pearson.
- Work effectively with colleagues
- Take part in training and standardisation activities, associated with the role, as required
Scrutinising / Checking Activities
- Work through and check the final proofs of the assessment material(s) without reference to the mark scheme(s) to ensure that the questions/tasks can be answered in the time allowed and that there are no errors or omissions.
- Check the mark scheme(s) to ensure that the marks given are identical to those on the question paper(s).
- Identify any other feature of the materials which may cause difficulties for the candidates.
- Submit a full report on the form(s) provided and within the timescale agreed
- Write the required materials assigned according to the brief provided
- Respond positively to feedback received
- Provide content in the required format using the specified format for submission
- Make amendments following feedback
Editing/ Reviewing Activities
- Edit/review materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and fit for purpose
- Offer constructive feedback clearly and concisely
- Review/comment on draft materials on the appropriateness of sector/subject content within the materials in line with the given brief
- Attend development / review meetings and contribute to the development of the materials to ensure they are in line with brief
- Be responsive to individual needs and circumstances, specific to the employer and apprentices undertaking end-point assessment
- Assess the performance of candidates in accordance with published assessment and grading criteria and procedures, ensuring overall standards are maintained
- Follow the protocols set out in Pearson’s specifications, assessment materials and quality assurance protocols, relating to the EPAs
- Maintain service-level agreements with regards to responding to EPA planning, operational activities, reports and submissions of assessment outcomes
- Report all risks and issues encountered during the end-point assessment to Pearson, including any suspected malpractice/maladministration
- Ensure all EPA reports and assessment evidence are high quality and recorded accurately
- Support Pearson, if necessary, with any appeals from apprentices, regarding assessment decisions
- Raise any conflicts of interest, including in relation to the independence of assessment
- Contribute to the external quality assurance activities undertaken by Ofqual
Please note: Some activities are only available at particular points during, or after, the development of materials. Some activities may not be required for a given development.
- Current sector experience/applied subject knowledge (with a min of 2 years experience
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the role or specialist area.
For All Activities
- Educated to a level 4 standard or above with relevant qualifications for the sector/subject area of choice
- Experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
- Evidence of continuous Professional Development (CPD) in subject specialism
- A clear understanding of the educational landscape and regulatory requirements for qualifications
- Experience in the examination process, pre-standardisation and standardisation activities, and awarding
- Experience of teaching or assessing externally assessed qualifications
- Ideal applicants will be HCPC registered radiographers, currently practicing in Mammography.
- Innovative writers with fresh ideas that motivate our learners and set them on the path to success
- Experience in writing specifications or external assessments within the sector
Editing / Reviewing Activities
- Experience in working with/on specifications and/or external assessments within the role/specialism
- Experience of advising and supporting others
- Hold or be working towards an assessor qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA etc)
- Hold an appropriate/relevant qualification as directed by the assessment plan
- Experience of complying with quality assurance/regulatory requirements
- Experience of leading meetings/structured interviews/discussions
- Recent experience of working within the industry/sector
- Experience of making grading judgements
- Experience of assessing and reporting risks
- Current DBS
- Knowledge of Prevent & safeguarding
Any applicant undertaking this role will be expected to:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
- Have a suitable broadband connection, Microphone, Headphones and a webcam
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey Isle of Man
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability of a minimum of 10 days, depending upon the requirements and workload for the sector, in any given year for attending meetings
- Allow sufficient time for completion of duties and tasks as directed by the role
- Undertake any other duties appropriate as required by Pearson in relation to this role
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
- Applicants selected for additional activities may be required to complete tasks, training and/or standardisation before work can be allocated
- Ensure sufficient time and availability before contracts are accepted
- Ensure that Pearson contact is notified of any issues that may delay the submission or completion of material/work.
Note: Please indicate your most recent or relevant experience in Occupational section of the form. If your sector is not listed please contact the recruitment team on associate.pearson.com