International Trainer – Vocational Qualifications
Are you an expert in delivering thought-provoking, engaging and valued qualification-based training and (or) professional development to teachers? Are you passionate about sharing best practice in your subject area?
Pearson are looking to recruit committed International Qualifications Trainers for our International BTEC qualifications in Business, Engineering, Hospitality, Information Technology, Art & Design, Travel & Tourism, Sport, Creative Media. Applicants must be prepared to travel within the region.
We are looking to recruit Trainers based in the Middle East where bilingual speaking of English and Arabic is essential to meet the needs of the region.
As an International Qualifications Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering full-day, half-day and online qualification-based courses. In addition, there would be a requirement to facilitate networking/peer to peer learning events and professional development workshops. As an International Trainer, you will also be required to take part in an induction training programme (½ a day) to become an Implementation Officer as part of the induction process, if you do not already hold this role in Pearson.
You will be expected to hold a relevant teaching degree or equivalent and more than 1 years’ experience teaching in the relevant sector area and have experience delivering effective training to adult delegates. Additionally, it would be an advantage to have some experience in, administration, assessment or management. You should also be able to demonstrate some experience of using a range of technology to support training delivery, including the use of laptops, the Internet and Microsoft PowerPoint.
International Qualifications Trainers are required to keep up to date with changes in the education sector, the latest developments in their subject and specialist areas of pedagogy/teaching and learning.
You will be required to deliver training using materials prepared by our team of qualification-based writers. There may also be an opportunity to be involved in writing and vetting training materials. The delivery of these materials must be consistent with the quality and standards required by Pearson and the regulator.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with our internal support teams on the continual improvement of professional development courses.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake international travel.
As an International Qualifications Trainer, you will be required to undertake/achieve the following:
- Attend training sessions to develop the necessary technical skills, such as for delivering online events, recording on-demand pre-recorded sessions
- Practise with training materials to be fully confident and competent in their use
- Undertake a briefing if necessary prior to delivering a training session
- Undertake security training if travelling to a high-risk area
- Ensure that all objectives are met within the training session
- Present information in a way that is suited to the customer
- Deliver the agreed training session in line with guidelines from the regulator and Pearson
- Deal appropriately with all customer queries in a professional manner
- Be prepared to be observed by Pearson staff or designated Assessment Associates for quality assurance purposes and performance management
- Facilitate customer interaction and networking opportunities
- Reflect on own performance for purposes of continuous improvement
- Submit a brief summary feedback for every session delivered
- Share best practice with colleagues in order to develop our training offer
- Take part in Continual Professional Development, updated Qualifications and experience some of which will be mandatory
- Attend a de-brief if required
- A high level of current sector knowledge to deliver training
- Sound understanding of the relevant qualification and assessment principles
- Teaching and learning knowledge (teaching within the last three years)
- Effective facilitation techniques (for both face-to-face and online events)
- Hold a relevant teaching degree or equivalent and more than 1 years’ experience teaching in the relevant sector area
- Have experience delivering effective training to adult delegates
- Be able to demonstrate currency in sector knowledge and understanding
- Clear demonstrable knowledge and understanding of how to deliver a BTEC successfully
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
- Communication/ Giving presentations
- Organisation (e.g. the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines)
- Decision-making and judgement
- A positive attitude towards all forms of feedback
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD) in the field of Vocational Qualifications
- Desire to share best practice with colleagues
- Represent Pearson appropriately whilst delivering training according to our contractual terms and conditions