We are currently recruiting Sport Standards Verifiers to work in our BTEC RQF qualification.
We are looking to recruit and train BTEC Sport practitioners for the below role;
- BTEC Standards Verifier (SV).
To undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions for units from a range of programmes within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to confirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld across centres.
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to establish that assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards.
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres.
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on: the sampling undertaken, outcomes reached and support provided.
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met.
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld.
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions.
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity as per service-level agreements.
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned to you by Pearson.
- Experience of delivering and assessing Vocational qualifications (Eg, BTEC QCF, BTEC NQF, Higher Nationals, Work Based Learning etc).
- A commitment to quality assurance.
- Good working knowledge of the specifications for the subject area you will specialise in.
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant subject and level.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role.
- A customer-focused approach.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop and monitor clear action plans.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to complete an Online Standardisation exercise and then if successful, you will be required to attend face2face sector specific training for the RQF sector(s) you have been appointed for.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.