International A level - English Literature - Chief Examiner - WET0
Closing date:05 June 2020 at midnight
To take responsibility for a complete specification and be responsible to the Chair of Examiners for ensuring that the examination as a whole, including coursework, meets the requirements of the specification and maintains standards, year on year.
• To supervise the Principal Examiners and Principal Moderators.
• To supervise the construction of the question papers and mark schemes to ensure appropriate standards.
• To ensure that the question papers, as a whole, cover the assessment criteria as set out in the specification, and satisfactorily sample the appropriate content.
• To participate in the Awarding process, ensuring that there is comparability in the standards of awards made via different options or tiers.
• To act as Principal Examiner or Principal Moderator for at least one component of the examination.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• You will have assessment experience up to Team Leader level in the relevant qualification
• You will have experience of teaching the relevant subject and level
• You will have experience of managing people.
• You will be a good communicator.
• You will have sound organisational skills.
• You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
• You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
• You will be IT literate.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application