Examiner (Software Development) - T-Levels Digital: Digital Production, Design and Development
What are T Levels?
T Levels are new courses coming in September 2020, which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to three A levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work. T Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
The T Level Examiner role is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education. T-Level Examiners mark candidate responses in accordance with a pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to the Code of Practice and published examination procedures. Assessments will be marked either onscreen using ePEN, which can be completed from home, or by the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of contemporary subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts. Some national travel may be required to attend examiner training and standardisation. We have opportunities available to mark Core Paper 1: Digital Analysis, Legislation and Emerging Issues, Core Paper 2: The Business Environment and Employer Set Project.
· To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained.
· To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times.
· To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to.
· To ensure all administration is completed as specified.
· To attend standardisation in May 2021
· To regularly mark scripts during the summer series from May to June.
Experience and Qualifications Required
· You will have a degree or equivalent work-based qualification such as a Level 5/6/7 NVQ in computing, computer science or software development or membership of a relevant professional body such as the British Computing Society (BCS) or the Chartered Institute for IT.
You will hold a minimum of one year’s teaching and assessment experience within the last 8 years or equivalent in computing or software development or programming or computer science at Level 3 OR
· You will have recent occupational experience in one of the following job or occupational titles: Computer Programmer, Software Developer, Software Engineer. Senior Software Developer.
· Be fully conversant with the languages in the specification eg, Python or C based languages such as C, C#, C++, Java
· You will be a qualified teacher or hold an equivalent teaching qualification such as Cert Ed, C&G 7404, PTTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS or an Assessor/Verifier award
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines
· You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
If you do have teaching experience within the last 8 years, please ensure you list this under 'Occupational Experience'
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application