Sector Advisor – BTEC Level 4 Diploma Healthcare Science
Purpose of this role:
The Sector Advisor (SA) will support the verification of the BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Healthcare Science. The SA will remotely sample learner work against the specification and confirm if the learner has met the standard for particular units of this qualification.
The SA will work with the Standards Verifier to recommend whether units are being assessed to national standards.
The SA must be occupationally competent and have evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the units they are sampling,
This role would usually only require remote sampling from the SA and would only require physical travelling in exceptional circumstances.
Acceptance of a contract to provide services to Pearson as a Sector Advisor will be regarded as an undertaking to meet the following requirements:
• Familiarise yourself with the specification so that you can refer to the unit content and assessment criteria when carrying out sampling
• Provide proof of relevant CPD annually for the specialisms you are appointed in as an SA
• Undertake sampling of learner work to ensure that valid and reliable assessment decisions are made and national standards are met.
• Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to the Standards Verifier
• Complete the Sector Advisor Report Form (SARF), giving details on whether the assessment decisions are correct according to assessment criteria requirements. The Sector Advisor will then send the report to the Standards Verifier to complete the verification.
• Report back to Pearson and the Standards Verifier following sampling within agreed service-level agreements (5 working days)
• Under take online supplementary training annually.
• Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of WBL Assessment in relation to this role
• Support centres to understand and implement identified actions through working with the Standards Verifier
In order to be considered for the role, you must be occupationally competent in one or more of the following pathways of the qualification. Each pathway relates to a particular group of units which can be seen in the links below. Please refer to the specification for further detail on the relevant units.
• Reproductive science
• Life Sciences
• Equipment management and clinical engineering
• Nuclear medicine
• Sterile Services
• Cardiac physiology
• Gastrointestinal physiology
• Respiratory physiology
• Urodynamics and urological measurements
• Laboratory Science
• Experience in delivering and assessing competence-based programmes.
• Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications.
Skills & Knowledge:
• A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology-based approaches for communication
• Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
• A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
• A customer-focused approach
• Time management and ability to submit sections of reports within service level agreement (5 working days)
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Pearson’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
• Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
• Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software Have a suitable internet connection
• Have a personal and secure email account
• Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
• Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
• Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application