This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:04 August 2020 at midnight
The Lead Examiner BTEC Nationals - Performing Arts will be the responsible and accountable subject expert for specified externally assessed components within BTEC programmes - in terms of specification interpretation, and the accuracy and correctness of assessment items.
The Lead Examiner will:
- Lead and support the development, production, review and amendment of externally assessed items for the area of subject responsibility
- Lead a team of examiners
- Lead on the awarding of assessment outcomes
- Keep up to date with changes in the sector
- Have detailed and up to date knowledge and understanding of the range of external assessment methodologies to be deployed
- Report to and update the Chief Examiner on a regular basis
- Produce an ‘end of exam series’ report within the parameters of a defined template in order to comment on national standards
- Report back to Pearson within agreed time-frames
- Contribute to Pearson’s ‘Ask the Expert’ service where required
- Represent Vocational Assessment or Pearson as required
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of Vocational Assessment in relation to this role.
- Substantial subject knowledge and expertise within the sector
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
- Experience in the production of external assessments within the sector
- Leading a team
- Decision Making
- Delivery Focused
- Maximising Potential in Self and Others
- Change management/flexibility
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.