We are currently recruiting for a Senior Standards Verifier for WBL Business suite.
A Senior Standards Verifier will Be the responsible expert in terms of specification interpretation and verifier standardisation for a range of programmes within a PSA. To monitor assessment and internal verification for a range of programmes within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to report on national standards across centres.
- Sample assessment and internal verification decisions in order to report that national standards are maintained
- Hold subject specific responsibility for assessment advice and standards interpretation
- Offer specialist advice and support to centres and Subject Verifiers (SV) in relation to the content and interpretation of specifications, assessment and delivery
- Provide sampling-related support and development to SVs
- Review SV reports to comment on the maintenance of national standards
- Identify and escalate issues of adverse standards interpretation
- Undertake a proactive role in maintaining national standards
- Edit materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers and centre training as required
- Develop the content for the training and standardisation of SVs
- Lead and deliver training events to centres and SVs as required
- Performance Manage a range of Senior Team Leaders across the PSA providing advice and guidance where applicable as well as carrying out 3xRAG reports on each through the year. You will also be required to complete a Summative report for each STL in your team and grade them on their performance. Alongside this you will support your team of STLs as they monitor and manage their teams of TLs.
- Produce an end of year report within the parameters of a defined template in order to comment on nationals standards
- Report back to Edexcel within agreed service-level agreements
- Contribute to Edexcel’s ‘Ask the Expert’ service
- Represent BTEC Assessment or Edexcel as required
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role
- Substantial recent experience in verification of BTEC within the sector
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
- Lower or higher level assessment and delivery experience across a range of qualifications
- Be an A or B Grade Associate (from BTEC AA monitoring)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications
- A clear understanding of the educational landscape and regulatory requirements for qualifications within the Principal Subject Area.
- Detailed knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to edit materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and fit for purpose
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Edexcel’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
- Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic or Ireland
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability of 5 to 20 days, dependent upon the requirements and workload for the sector, in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.