NVQ - Healthcare Science - Subject Matter Expert
An external Subject Matter Expert provides up-to-date sector or subject specific expertise for the content and assessment of the given qualification(s). The Subject Matter Expert must have current sector/subject knowledge and/or experience relevant to the qualification(s) in question.
• Provides up-to-date sector or subject specific expertise for the curriculum and assessment of the given qualification(s) to ensure the qualification(s) is fit for the sector now and for the recent future.
• As a subject matter expert, you may also be involved in writing or reviewing the content and assessments to reflect sector needs.
• Current sector experience/applied subject knowledge with at least two years’ experience in the field you are applying for.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Good communication skills; good standard of written English and ability to offer constructive feedback clearly and concisely
• Confident use of IT and word processing
• Ability to follow a brief and meet deadlines
• Flexibility to adapt to changing guidelines and attend training as required
• Intermediate level skills in the use of Microsoft Word
Any associate undertaking this role must:
• Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
• Have a suitable internet connection
• Have a personal and secure email account
• Have a postal address in the United Kingdom
• Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
• Have availability, dependent upon the requirements and workload for the sector, in any given year
• Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application