This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:02 January 2023 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for BTEC Nationals in the below subjects;
Applied Human Biology
Art and Design
Construction and the Built Environment
Children’s Play, Learning and Development
Creative Media Practice
Creative Digital Media Production
Digital Content Production
Digital Film and Video Production
Digital Games Production
Digital Music Production
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
Forensic and Criminal Investigation
Health and Social Care
Production Arts Practice
Sport and Exercise Science
Travel and Tourism
Uniformed Protective Services
- Review the initial draft question paper(s) and mark scheme(s). Check that the nature and range of responses required by the mark scheme are appropriate.
- Comment on individual questions and responses and the draft question paper(s) as a whole.
- Provide constructive feedback to writer in the required format and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
- Complete a full report concerning each question paper and submit it to the Content Production Manager (CPM) before the Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting is due to be held.
- Attend the review meeting/Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting and therefore contribute to the production of the final draft paper(s) which will be sent to be typeset.
- Check the final proofs of the question paper(s) without reference to the mark scheme(s) to ensure that the questions can be answered in the time allowed and that there are no errors or omissions.
- Work through the question paper(s) (where appropriate and directed to do so).
- Check the mark scheme(s) to ensure that the marks given are identical to those on the question paper(s).
- Prepare a report for the Content Production Manager.
- Substantial subject knowledge and expertise within the sector
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment of vocational qualifications
- A clear understanding of the educational landscape and regulatory requirements for qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- Ability to edit materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and fit for purpose
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.