BTEC Tech Awards Moderator
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:05 October 2022 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for BTEC Tech awards Moderators in the following areas;
Overview of the role
1. Attend standardisation meetings. Moderators will not be permitted to carry out moderation if they fail to attend the appropriate standardisation meeting/s. Moderators must not moderate any candidate work before the standardisation meetings.
2. Moderate centres’ assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and our procedures.
3. Send any centre requests for special consideration to Pearson. Send any other JCQ documentation from centres to Pearson.
4. Maintain regular contact with their Team Leader as appropriate, raising issues as they arise.
5. Provide verbal feedback to centres
6. Ensure all Moderator marks and E9 Moderator reports are submitted on the system by specified deadlines. All E9 moderator reports must be at the standard specified in the standardisation meeting.
7. Re-mark work and prepare special reports on the work of groups of candidates, in connection with Review of Marking (RoMs) and Post Review of Marking (PRoMM) of an examination within specified timescales to enable compliance with regulatory requirements.
8. Keep all records relating to their moderator role for one year after the examination series.
Experience/ Qualifications needed:
· You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience:
Please note we although you may be confirmed before we are looking to send out contracts for this role in October.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.