This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Reference:GCE Physical Education Visiting Moderator
Closing date:27 September 2017 at midnight
A GCE A level Physical Education Visiting Moderator will visit centres to carry out the moderation of certain forms of work which is marked initially by teacher examiners/assessors in the centres. Each moderator will moderate a specified number of centre samples.
We are also looking for:
Visiting Moderator - GCE A Level - Physical Education (New Specification)
Visiting Moderator - GCSE - Physical Education
- To carry out the moderation of parts of a subject examination, such as coursework, projects and special studies, which are marked initially by teachers in the centres and then sent to you. Moderation will usually involve sampling procedures.
- To undertake, when necessary, the direct assessment of school-based components in the subject where centres opt not to make initial assessments.
- To complete and submit centre reports to the Team Leader or Principal Moderator as required
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have UK based teaching experience in the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- You will be IT literate
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.