T Level in Construction - T Level Examiner
What are T Levels?
T Levels are new courses coming in September 2020, which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to three A levels.
These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.
T Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
The T Level Examiner role is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education.
T-Level Examiners mark candidate responses in accordance with a pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to the Code of Practice and published examination procedures. Assessments will be marked either onscreen using ePEN, which can be completed from home, or by the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of contemporary subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts. Some national travel may be required to attend examiner training and standardisation.
We have opportunities available to mark Core Paper 1: Science and Building Technology, Core Paper 2: Construction Industry and Sustainability and the Employer Set Project.
· To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained.
· To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times.
· To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to.
· To ensure all administration is completed as specified.
· To attend standardisation in May 2021
· To regularly mark scripts during the summer series from May to June.
Experience and Qualifications Required
· You will hold a minimum of one year’s teaching and assessment experience within the last 8 years, or at least one year's full- time occupational experience within the last 8 years, equivalent in Construction at Level 3
· You will have a degree or equivalent work-based qualification such as a Level 5/6/7 NVQ in Construction or membership of a relevant professional body such as: CIOB, (Chartered Institute of Building), CIBSE (Ch inst of Building Serv Eng), ICE (Civ Eng) BIAT (Brit Ins Arch Technicians), ASI (Arch and Surv Inst), RICS (Royal Ins of Ch Surv)
· You will have recent occupational experience in one of the following job or occupational titles: Architect, Architectural Technologist, Interior Designer, Building Services Engineer (various disciplines), Building Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultant, Contract Manager, Project Manager, Construction Site Manager, Construction Site Engineer, Structural Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Landscape Engineer, Estimator, Planner, Buyer, Electrical Engineer, Health and Safety Manager, Facilities or Estates Manager
· You will be a qualified teacher or hold an equivalent teaching qualification such as Cert Ed, C&G 7404, PTTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS or an Assessor/Verifier award
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines
· You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
· You will have the ability to meet strict deadlines
If you do have teaching experience within the last 8 years, please ensure you list this under 'Occupational Experience'
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.