T Level in Finance - TLevel Examiner
T Levels: Finance– Examiner
Pearson have exciting Examiner opportunities for our T Level Qualifications.
What are T Levels?
T Levels are new courses coming in September 2020, which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to three A levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work. T Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 45 days. They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
The T Level Examiner role is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education. T Level Examiners mark candidate responses in accordance with a pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to the Code of Practice and published examination procedures. Assessments will be marked either onscreen using ePEN, which can be completed from home, or by the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of contemporary subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts. Some national travel may be required to attend examiner training and standardisation.
• To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained.
• To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times.
• To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
• To ensure all administration is completed as specified
• To attend standardisation
• To regularly mark scripts during the summer/autumn series
Experience and Qualifications Required
• You will hold a minimum of one year’s teaching and assessment experience or equivalent in
Accounting, Finance or Business at Level 3
• You will have a degree or equivalent work-based qualification such as a Level 5/6/7 NVQ in
Accounting and / or Finance / Business or membership of a relevant professional body such
as the Associate of Charted Certificated Accountants; The Institute of Chartered Accountants
in England and Wales (ICAEW); The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
• Be fully conversant with the requirements of the T Level Accountancy specification and with
the standards and regulations involved in the accounting and finance industries
• You may be a qualified teacher or hold an equivalent teaching qualification such as Cert Ed,
C&G 7404, PTTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS or an Assessor/Verifier award
• You may have recent occupational experience in one of the following job or occupational
- Corporate or commercial finance
- Financial accounting
- Forensic accounting
- Management accounting
- Tax accounting
- Internal audit
• You will have the ability to work well under pressure
• You will have the ability to meet deadlines
• You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
• You will have the ability to meet strict deadlines
• You will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.