Standards Verifier - Pharmacy Sector
STANDARDS VERIFIER WBL – Pharmacy
Purpose of this role:
Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for competence/skills -based qualifications within the Pharmacy sector in order to affirm that national occupational standards have been achieved and upheld. Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process. Direct centres in the delivery of Pharmacy qualifications towards the achievement of national occupational standards.
(Within the Pharmacy sector, Pearson currently offers the following qualifications – BTEC Level 3 Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians, BTEC Level 2 Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff. There may also be legacy learners on NVQ Levels 2–3 Pharmacy Service Skills and BTEC Levels 2–3 Pharmaceutical Science)
For Pharmacy qualifications for the Pharmacy sector for which competency/skills (and occupational competency where relevant) is demonstrated, the Standards Verifier (WBL) will:
· Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national occupational standards
· Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to centres
· Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken, outcomes reached, and support provided
· To recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions, or processes mean that national occupational standards are not met
· Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national occupational standards are not being upheld
· Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
· Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
· Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
· Coordinate the sampling of Apprentices on a Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship with contracted sector-experts
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of WBL Assessment in relation to this role.
Previous Work Experience:
· Significant experience in delivering and assessing NVQs/competence-based qualifications
· Holds an appropriate assessor qualification, and hold/be working towards the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice qualification or an older equivalent
· Is willing to work towards the Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice qualification or currently holds/is working towards this qualification or an older equivalent
· Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications
· Currently registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and will remain on the register for the duration of the role as Standards Verifier with Pearson
· A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology based approaches for communication and centre support significant experience in delivering and assessing competence/skills -based qualifications
Skills & Knowledge:
· Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
· A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
· A customer-focused approach
· Time management and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to develop and monitor clear action plans
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Edexcel’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
· Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
· Have personal IT equipment capable of running Edexcel required software
· Have a suitable internet connection
· Have a personal and secure email account
· Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
· Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
· Have availability for a minimum of 4 allocations in any given year
· Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.