WORK BASED LEARNING SECURITY STANDARDS VERIFIER
Purpose of this role:
- Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for BTEC Security qualifications within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) to affirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld.
- Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process.
- Direct centres in the delivery of BTEC Security qualifications towards meeting Pearson and SIA compliance requirements.
For Work Based Learning Security qualifications, the Standards Verifier will:
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national standards
- Provide sector-specific support, advice, and guidance to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached, and support provided
- Recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions, or processes mean that national standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role.
- Hold a formal teaching or training qualification (Awarded by an HEI or NQF/QCF/RQF qualification awarded by a recognized Awarding Organization) at Level 3 or above
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary experience, knowledge and understanding of the security sector.
- Provide evidence of occupational experience which will include experience of working in the private security industry or working in a role that can be mapped to the requirements of the private security industry.
- Provide evidence of 2 years frontline operational experience relevant to security and/or events management
- Demonstrate they are keeping their occupational expertise up to date with the equivalent of at least forty hours every year spent in a combination of training, increasing professional knowledge through other means, or working in the security industry.
- A willingness to engage in online training and standardiSation and to use technology-based approaches for communication and centre support.
- Experience in delivering and assessing BTEC Security
Teaching/training qualification at Level 3 or above
Security qualifications and/or SIA licence (any)
Physical Intervention qualification
Conflict Management qualification
Delivery and assessment of security or related public services qualification to 18+ cohort
IQA experience with security awards
Working in the SIA regulated industry
Working in events management /stewarding
Occupational competence will normally come from working in the private security industry. Other relevant experience could come from employment in, for example: armed services/police/security industry/prison service
Able to demonstrate evidence of at least forty hours annually of relevant Continued Professional Development: training, increasing professional knowledge, working in the industry (e.g., attendance at relevant conferences and seminars; work experience in the sector; National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO)/ SIA-endorsed counter terrorism programme (ACT awareness) completed annually.
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
- Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.