BTEC Tech Awards Sept 22 - Travel & Tourism - Principal Moderator
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Reference:PM/BTEC/Travel and Tourism
Closing date:15 November 2023 at midnight
The Principal Moderator is responsible to the Chief Examiner for ensuring that the standards of the internally assessed unit/component are maintained and are consistent with the unit specification and assessment criteria. The Principal Moderator is responsible for the setting of coursework tasks/set assignments and the standardising of moderators.
· Undertake the setting of coursework tasks/set assignments in line with the qualification criteria and standardise coursework moderation.
· Compile exemplar work, annotated to show how the assessment criteria are to be applied.
· Ensure that moderators meet the standardisation requirements and take action if any moderator fails to maintain the required standard.
· Ensure that all moderators correctly interpret and apply the assessment criteria and that they are using the same criteria as the awarding organisation provides for the internal assessors.
· Monitor the standards of any Assistant Principal Moderators, Team Leaders and moderators.
· Ensure that appropriate preparatory, follow up and remedial work with centres is carried out.
· Be involved in the awarding process and advise members on how the component functioned and recommend preliminary mark ranges for the judgmental grade boundaries.
· Submit to the Chief Examiner an evaluation report on issues relating to the performance of the component.
· In conjunction with the Chief Examiner/Moderator takes account of feedback from previous assessment sessions (including recommendations from relevant monitoring reports), as well as feedback from Assessment/Chair of Examiners/Reviser/Language Specialist and CPM.
· Confirms materials are ready to progress to QPEC stage and ensures committee agree on final wording of set assignment.
· Reviews set assignment to ensure content is free from error.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.