Principal Examiners (GCE A Level German) produce appropriate assessment materials, including question papers and mark schemes, and are responsible for the standardization of its marking.
We are recruiting Principal Examiner for unit 9GN0 03.
- To produce draft papers and respond to any suggestions/amendments.
- To set / approve questions and mark schemes - demonstrate the specification’s content and assessment criteria has been met in the question papers (may take the form of a grid). Its content should be clear and fit for purpose.
- To attend the Question paper Evaluation Committee meeting (QPEC) and produce a final draft.
- To ensure final question papers meet the specification content and assessment objectives.
- To ensure parity of standards across optional questions and question papers
- To monitor the marking standards of all examiners (including Assistant Principal Examiners, Team Leaders and Examiners), ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout.
- To monitor the standards of examiners, advise on their appointment, training and reappointment.
- To attend the awarding meeting, advise on mark ranges for the grade boundaries.
- To submit an evaluation report on performance of the question paper.
- You will have experience of teaching the relevant subject and level
- Qualified Teacher Status is desirable
- You will have assessment experience in the relevant qualification
- You will have experience of managing people
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
- You will be a clear and proactive communicator.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will possess effective decision making.
- You will be able to maximize potential in yourself and others.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You will have strong organization and IT skills.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, please refer to our Knowledge Base or contact our Help Desk.