BTEC Tech Awards Sept 22 - Performing Arts - Moderator
We are currently recruiting for BTEC Tech awards Moderators in the following areas;
Art and Design
Creative Digital Media
Digital Information Technology
Health and Social Care
Travel and Tourism
Overview of the role
Moderators are responsible for moderating centres’ assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and the awarding organisation’s procedures.
1. Attend standardisation meetings. Moderators will not be permitted to carry out moderation if they fail to attend the appropriate standardisation meeting/s. Moderators must not moderate any candidate work before the standardisation meetings.
2. Moderate centres’ assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and our procedures.
3. Send any centre requests for special consideration to Pearson. Send any other JCQ documentation from centres to Pearson.
4. Maintain regular contact with their Team Leader as appropriate, raising issues as they arise.
5. Ensure all Moderator marks and E9 Moderator reports are submitted on the system by specified deadlines. All E9 moderator reports must be at the standard specified in the standardisation meeting.
6. Keep all records relating to their moderator role for one year after the examination series.
Experience/ Qualifications needed:
You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience:
a. within the last 8 years
b. within the relevant subject
c. since qualifying as a teacher
You will have a degree or equivalent
You will be a qualified teacher
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.