Chair of Examiners GCSE Greek 1GK0
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:30 November 2023 at midnight
Chair of Examiners
The Chair of Examiners is responsible to Pearson for maintaining standards in a subject or group of subjects across different syllabi and methods of assessment from year to year. Pearson is currently recruiting for a Chair of Examiners for Edexcel GCSE Greek Language
· To chair the remote Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s).
· To ensure the question paper(s) and mark schemes meet the requirements of the assessment criteria as set out in the specification.
· To chair the Awarding meeting for each syllabus in the designated subject or subject area, checking that the required standards are brought to bear on each examination component and in the subject.
· To recommend mark boundaries for each grade in each subject at the conclusion of the Awarding process.
· To collaborate closely with the Assessment Leader and Head of subject in carrying out all designated responsibilities. All recommendations arising from these responsibilities must be made through the Assessment Leader/head of subject.
- To be involved with the Review of Mark process and to deal with cases where a conflict of interest means the PE or Chief cannot review.
- To participate in (a) conferences with teachers and (b) courses for examiners as required.
Experience and Qualifications Required
· You will have a degree or equivalent.
· You will be a qualified teacher.
· You will have school-based teaching and experience.
· You will have experience of managing people.
- You will have a working knowledge of English and Greek.
· You will be a good communicator.
· You will have sound organisational skills.
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
· You will be IT literate.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.