GCSE - Modern Foreign Languages - Credible Specialist - Regional
Closing date:13 December 2023 at midnight
French, German and/or Spanish Subject Specialist - Freelance
Location: West Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset, Devon & Cornwall.
Want to put your languages and training experience to use out of the classroom? Are you passionate about training other education professionals to enhance student potential?
If the answer is yes, you could be the right fit for us in the Modern Languages Team at Pearson Edexcel
Purpose of role:
· To write and/or deliver high-quality modern languages training
· To support centres with their specific CPD needs both in person and online
We are looking for creative, knowledgeable language specialists, with a deep understanding of KS3
and KS4 in particular, who are skilled in writing/delivering training both F2F and online, and can be available to support individual centres with their modern languages CPD needs.
In particular, you will train language teachers on the new Pearson Edexcel MFL GCSE for first teach 2024. As such, we will train successful candidate(s) to develop an excellent understanding of the new qualification. Further, it is essential that all applicants have a firm belief in making languages accessible and relatable for all students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Liaising with the Modern Languages Product team to discuss projects and map out training programmes
· Write, vet and/or deliver high-quality training content to fellow language professionals particularly at KS4 level, with occasional KS3 and KS5 opportunities
· To be available to train both online and F2F and be willing to travel where necessary
· Follow Pearson writing guidelines including DEI, style guides and branding
· Work to tight deadlines and report back to Pearson within agreed timelines
· Undertake any CPD where deemed necessary
· Understand and adhere to Pearson’s code of conduct
Background and experience:
· GCSE language teaching experience of at least 3 years with specialism in French, Spanish and/or German
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Understanding of education practice and policy
· Understanding of school practices and policies
· Training/Mentoring experience
· Ability to influence others and engage with stakeholders at various levels
· Willingness and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
· Desire and ability to adapt new education technology into training
· Understanding of market trends in education
· Experience of working in a regulated industry
Any applicant undertaking this role will be expected to:
● Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
● Have a suitable broadband connection, microphone, headphones and a webcam
● Have a personal and secure email account
● Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey Isle of Man
● Have the right to work in the UK
● Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
This position would suit someone working part-time or contract worker.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.