Closing date:31 March 2024 at midnight
Pearson BTEC International Qualifications Trainer
As a BTEC International Qualifications Trainer you will be responsible for delivering full day and online qualification-based courses internationally.
Qualifications Trainers are required to keep up to date with changes in the education sector and the latest developments in their subject area. There would also be a requirement to work with our internal support teams on the continual improvement of professional development courses. You will be required to undertake international travel.
As a Trainer you will be required to undertake/achieve the following:
Pre event Preparation:
- If required, attend in-house briefing provided by Pearson to develop an in-depth understanding of our courses and materials
- Attend training sessions to develop technical skills necessary to deliver online events
- Practice with resources to be fully confident and competent in their use
- Ensure that all objectives are met within the training session
- Present information in a way that is suited to the customer and environment
- Deal appropriately with all customer queries in a professional manner
- Manage own time and travel arrangements. (All travel arrangements and expenses will be covered by Pearson)
- Deliver the agreed training session in line with guidelines from the regulator and Pearson.
- Complete and submit a summary feedback form for every session delivered
- Training session delegate feedback should be scored consistently within expectations
Experience and qualifications required
- You have experience of teaching a Pearson BTEC International Specification
- You will have experience of delivering effective training to adult delegates
- A good understanding of the qualification and assessment principles
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to deliver the training
- You will have teaching, administration, assessment or management experience in the relevant subject and level
- You will have strong presentation and communication skills
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- You will be confident using laptops, internet and Microsoft Powerpoint and should have demonstrable experience of using technology to support your training delivery
- You will be able to manage the learning and development of a range of teaching professionals who may bring to bear a range differing viewpoints
- You will have a positive attitude towards all forms of feedback
- You will be committed to your own professional development
- You will represent Pearson appropriately whilst delivering training according to our contractual terms and conditions
- You will be required to deliver using materials prepared by our team of qualification-based writers. The delivery of these materials should be consistent with the quality and standards required by Pearson and the regulator
- Bi-lingual, you will be required to deliver training sessions in English and Arabic. You should be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Arabic.
- Relevant qualification and assessment principles
- Subject knowledge
- Training knowledge
- Communication / Giving Presentations
- IT competent
- Customer Service
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Decision-making and judgment
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.