GCSE/ International GCSE - Japanese (2017 Specification) - Principal Examiner
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:12 February 2024 at midnight
To produce appropriate assessment materials, including question papers and mark schemes, and be responsible for the standardisation of its marking.
• To produce a working draft paper / respond to any amendments or suggestions and produce a draft paper.
• To set / approve questions and mark schemes - demonstrate the specification’s content and assessment criteria has been met in the question papers (may take the form of a grid). Its content should be clear and fit for purpose.
• To attend the Question paper Evaluation Committee meeting (QPEC) and produce a final draft.
• To ensure final question papers meet the specification content and assessment objectives.
• To ensure parity of standards across optional questions and question papers
• To monitor the marking standards of all examiners (including Assistant Principal Examiners, Team Leaders and Examiners), ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout.
• To monitor the standards of examiners, advise on their appointment, training and reappointment.
• To attend the awarding meeting, advise on mark ranges for the grade boundaries.
• To submit an evaluation report on performance of the question paper.
• You will have assessment experience up to Team Leader level in the relevant qualification
• You will have experience of teaching the relevant subject and level
• You will have experience of managing people
• You will have the ability to work well under pressure
• You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
• Decision Making
• Delivery Focused
• Maximising Potential in Self and Others
• Change management/flexibility
• You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• You will be required to have excellent communication, strong organisation and IT skills
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
Application InformationWe have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.